We are looking for a part time sales associate to join our team!
Responsibilities will include:
- Build relationships and become a trusted advisor to our customers,
- Contribute to meeting sales targets by providing outstanding customer service and promoting features/benefits of various products we offer,
- Deliver knowledgeable and thoughtful support to customers in store, online, and over the phone to answer questions about our products and help them find the right solution,
- Accurately process in store and online sales, including fulfilling orders and preparing for shipping when required,
- Complete customer transactions in store including taking payments, issuing refunds/credit according to store policy,
- Assist with maintaining and updating website,
- Participate in ongoing product knowledge training sessions,
- Create product displays according to manufacturer requests or in store promotions,
- Assist with opening/closing the store,
- Light cleaning/housekeeping required to ensure a clean and safe environment for our customers,
- Receive & process inventory into our system, ensure appropriate pricing and display in store,
- Participate in regular inventory control counts.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about our industry and supporting parents in making informed purchasing decisions,
- Have experience with baby wearing & cloth diapering (a definite asset)
- Have experience in a retail setting with a history of strong sales and customer satisfaction
- Enjoy interacting with our customers & their children
- Be reliable, enthusiastic & professional
- Have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and complete work accurately & efficiently,
- Be comfortable working independently at times
Fluffy Bottom Babies is an independently owned & operated local business, and we strive to offer our customers an excellent shopping experience both in store and online. We have a loyal customer base and believe that we have set a high standard for delivering fantastic customer service to each one.
We specialize in hand-picked baby & children’s products including: eco friendly and sustainable feeding items, a large selection of cloth diapering products, a variety of babywearing options, natural skincare products, & locally produced clothing & footwear and other essentials for children.
We also provide support to parents learning about cloth diapering and babywearing, and host information sessions on Baby Led Weaning, Cloth Diapering 101 (& 102), custom lessons on how to safely use carriers (including wraps, slings, & soft structured carriers).
As a growing company, we are looking to find great people to grow with us from retail sales associate to store management. We offer our associates a competitive wage, and like to reward strong performers. Employees also enjoy a discount on their purchases, and we aim to provide a flexible work schedule to our associates.
Please drop off a resume & cover letter in person during our regular store hours, or email firstname.lastname@example.org